SiteGround Vs Bluehost 2019: Who Is The Best WordPress Hosting?
Table of Contents
- 1 Which is better SiteGround or Bluehost in 2019 (Let’s Settle This)
- 1.1 1. Service Quality/ Speed (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.2 2. Uptime (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.3 3. Free Domain name (Winner: Bluehost)
- 1.4 4. Customer Support (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.5 5. Server Location (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.6 6. Ease of Use cPanel (Winner: Draw)
- 1.7 7. Free SSL (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.8 8. Extra Features (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.9 9. Website Migration (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.10 10. Pricing (SiteGround Vs Bluehost Winner: Bluehost)
- 1.11 11. Promotional Catch (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.12 12. Renewal Pricing (Winner: Bluehost)
- 1.13 13. Storage Space (Winner: Bluehost)
- 1.14 14. Free Backup (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.15 15. Social Proof or Evidence (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.16 16. Money-Back Guarantee (Winner: Draw)
- 1.17 17. Solid state drives (SSD) – SiteGround is The Winner
- 1.18 18. Latest PHP (Winner: SiteGround)
- 1.19 19. Security (Winner: SiteGround)
- 2 Bluehost Faced Many criticisms Recently
- 3 Final Winner of SiteGround Vs Bluehost Comparison
- 4 Latest & Upcoming AppSumo Deals
- 5 Vaizle Deals (Yearly Billing Discount)
- 6 Tooltip Lifetime Deals
- 7 Copywritely Lifetime Deals
Is SiteGround better than Bluehost? Which is the best WordPress hosting for WordPress? Let’s settle this SiteGround Vs Bluehost comparison to make your life easy.
Frankly speaking, both are doing awesome business on their own, in fact, Bluehost is like a Blue whale in this world of web hosting providers. But still, SiteGround has able to win the heart of many people by providing their awesome support & service.
In this article, I am going to share the detailed comparison of SiteGround Vs Bluehost shared hosting plans. And also tell you why SiteGround has multiple benefits even if you pay little extra compared to Bluehost.
Just have a look at this discussion happened on a FB group.
Which is better SiteGround or Bluehost in 2019 (Let’s Settle This)
Choosing the right web hosting is always a confusion for beginners. There is no doubt that shared hosting is the best-suited options for bloggers as web hosting pricing is a big issue. So, when we talk about cheap web hosting for bloggers, these 2 are the popular names.
Here I am comparing the key features of both SiteGround & Bluehost and one by one show you who is better. Let’s start this comparison between Bluehost Vs SiteGround.
Note: Both SiteGround & Bluehost are among the top 3 WordPress recommended hosting companies. Although Bluehost is holding the top position from a long time, SiteGround has replaced the #3 spot and proudly entered into the list of best WordPress hosting providers.
1. Service Quality/ Speed (Winner: SiteGround)
The first point I want to address is the quality of web hosting service provided by both SiteGround & Bluehost. SiteGround offers many features to give your website a fast-loading experience. SiteGround’s latest speed technology in the shared hosting segment is totally unique.
In the case of Bluehost, you will find the typical shared hosting features & promises only. There are various complaints against Bluehost about website speed in social media. And that can’t be ignored though.
Click Here To Grab This Exclusive 70% Off SiteGround Hosting Sale 2019 [For Limited Time]
2. Uptime (Winner: SiteGround)
Uptime is one of the major feature every web hosting company is promising high. Almost every single web hosting company promises to offer 100% uptime. Practically, it is impossible to achieve.
Here I can show you some real-time uptime test data on a test website which is clearly showing that SiteGround is giving a better uptime experience compared to Bluehost.
3. Free Domain name (Winner: Bluehost)
SiteGround doesn’t offer free domain name with their web hosting plans. But you will find that with Bluehost offers a free .com domain registration with their shared hosting plans.
But remember that, this is a promotional catch as you can save only for the first year domain registration. And after that, you have to pay renewal charges at the original price, which is quite high compared to NameCheap domain renewal charges.
4. Customer Support (Winner: SiteGround)
I have tried both the hosting and I generally connect with customer support team frequently to resolve many of my queries. In both cases, I found their live chat is working perfectly. Although Bluehost has issues with long waiting time which is quite fine now.
SiteGround Response times
- Tickets – within 10 minutes
- Chat – instant
- Phone – instant
Bluehost Response times
- Tickets – no time given
- Chat – instant
- Phone – instant
But the major difference is the knowledge of the technical staffs. I found SiteGround staffs are far better in terms of solving your queries, providing you a better solution compared to Bluehost.
5. Server Location (Winner: SiteGround)
SiteGround has 4 different data centers or servers. While signing up for SiteGround, you will get the option to choose one of the data centers. E.g. if your traffic is mostly from India, then better to choose Singapur data center.
In the case of Bluehost, they have only 1 data center. Although you can use free Cloudflare and CDN to speed up your website, from hosting level SiteGround offers better infrastructure compared to Bluehost.
6. Ease of Use cPanel (Winner: Draw)
Well, I would say both are quite user-friendly and very easy to understand for a newbie. But with Bluehost, you will find many hidden promotional & paid offers within their cPanel.
7. Free SSL (Winner: SiteGround)
Although both offer free SSL certificate, SiteGround offers much quality one. They offer Let’s encrypt free with their basic plan & Wild card SSL certificates with their higher plans.
8. Extra Features (Winner: SiteGround)
Bluehost has recently come up with free Cloudflare integration through cPnale to provide a fast loading website experience. Besides that, I did not find anything extra to highlight here.
But SiteGround shared hosting features are seriously awesome when you compare with any other shared hosting plans. SiteGround GrowBig plan onward, you will get their in-built SuperCacher technology & SG_optimizer plugin. With these 2 tools, you can easily optimize your website to load faster.
|Automatic system updates||Possible||No|
|Automatic plugin update||Possible||No|
|In-house caching system||Yes|
Need to install a plugin
|Staging area *||Yes||No|
9. Website Migration (Winner: SiteGround)
As a beginner, it is quite easy to buy a web hosting and then set up a WordPress site. But for existing users who are struggling with their current hosting, it is quite difficult to migrate the website to a new host due to pricing & technical challenges.
SiteGround offers a single website migration service free of cost. Not only that, but they will also help you to migrate the website without any downtime. In fact, they have an SG Migrator plugin with which you can easily migrate the website without any error.
But, in the case of Bluehost, they will charge you around $140 for this migration activity.
Click Here To Transfer Your Website For FREE [ With 70% Off SiteGround Coupon]
10. Pricing (SiteGround Vs Bluehost Winner: Bluehost)
If you compare the pricing of SiteGround Vs Bluehost pricing, then Bluehost is the clear winner. As they offer the cheapest price of $2.65/mo where SiteGround plans start at $3.95/mo. But there is a catch that I have mentioned in the next segment.
- StartUp for $11.95 a month: Hosting for 1 website, 10GB of storage, no bandwidth limitations, 24-hour support, and their in-house caching system.
- GrowBig for $19.95 a month: Hosting for unlimited websites, 20GB of space, unlimited bandwidth, priority support, and an advanced caching system.
- GoGeek for $34.95 a month: Same as the previous plans, advanced backup solution, Git repository, and a staging area.
- Basic for $7.99 a month: Host 1 website, 50GB of storage and unlimited bandwidth.
- Plus for $10.99 a month: Unlimited websites, unlimited storage, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Choice Plus for 14.99 a month: Same as the Plus plan with the advanced backup solution.
But so far I am sure you will agree with me that SiteGround has enough features to pay that extra amount of money for the benefit of my website. At least I am able to ready to pay a little extra for having a quality web hosting with lots of unique features.
|Entry Level plan||$11.95 / month||$7.99 / month|
|Middle plan||$19.95 / month||$10.99 / month|
|Highest plan||$34.95 / month||$14.99 / month|
|Cloud Hosting||$80 / month||$9.99 / month|
|Dedicated Server||$269 / month||$119 / month|
11. Promotional Catch (Winner: SiteGround)
With Bluehost, you will never be able to come to know that their cheapest $2.95/mo plan is applicable only for the 3-year hosting plan. If you want to buy for 1 year then you have to pay higher charges. But with SiteGround, then initial 70% discount is applicable to all of their plans, irrespective of their duration.
But if you ask, me it is advised to go for the 3-year plan at least to save maximum. As web hosting companies offer such a huge discount for the first time only. As soon as their term is over, you have to renew hosting at regular pricing plan.
12. Renewal Pricing (Winner: Bluehost)
Well, renewal pricing wise Bluehost is comparatively cheaper than SiteGround renewal prices.
13. Storage Space (Winner: Bluehost)
SiteGround Plans are traffic based. Means every plan has certain limitation and in case you cross them you have to upgrade your plans. But in that case, Bluehost offers unlimited space and bandwidth. Although things are little different when we talk about unlimited in shared hosting.
|Entry level plan||10GB||50GB|
14. Free Backup (Winner: SiteGround)
Which web hosting free backup & restore service with their plans? There is hardly any. But SiteGround offers free backup & restore facility within their cPanel for their higher plans. Although Bluehost offer free backup, they have certain limitations and they will make sure you buy their paid backup service.
15. Social Proof or Evidence (Winner: SiteGround)
Well, a lot of facts and comparisons happened so far. But if you want to check in reality what people are preferring then you must check out these Facebook Polls where SiteGround has been nominated as #1 WordPress hosting several times. I am sure it is enough to conclude this discussion of SiteGround Vs Bluehost.
16. Money-Back Guarantee (Winner: Draw)
Both offer a 30-day money back guarantee.
17. Solid state drives (SSD) – SiteGround is The Winner
Yes, SiteGround shared hosting plans come with SSD technology which is a must for good performance. But Bluehost offer SSD technology on their managed WordPress & VPS plans only.
18. Latest PHP (Winner: SiteGround)
Just check this screenshot you will understand why SiteGround technology is updated compared to Bluehost.
19. Security (Winner: SiteGround)
SiteGround’s strong security includes proprietary AI (artificial intelligence), virus scanning, SSL and HTTP/2 standard, free backups, latest PHP settings etc. Where Bluehost is lagging in many such crucial staffs on their servers for shared hosting plans.
Bluehost Faced Many criticisms Recently
First of all, they are acquired by EIG group EIG group. Do you know what does that mean? That means now HostGator, Bluehost, HostMonster, iPage are all coming under the same company.
Not only that, due to their recent server outage many websites go down across the world. And that is the reason people started moving out of Bluehost. In fact, they wrote an apology letter on their blog itself.
People are complaining about their pricing plan on Twitter.
Final Winner of SiteGround Vs Bluehost Comparison
So, I am sure you are also agreeing with me that SiteGround is the clear winner in many ways when we compare both SiteGround Vs Bluehost in 2019. I tried to provide enough screenshots & evidence to prove why SiteGround is best for your WordPress website.
- Go For SiteGround, if website performance is your top priority.
- Sign Up for Bluehost, if you want the cheapest shared hosting
If you have still queries, you can write a comment below and share your queries. You can also Join my FaceBook group and ask questions. I would love to answer them to resolve your queries. Regarding this SiteGround Vs Bluehost review, you can also share your journey with any one of them with our readers.