GreenGeeks offers four types of hosting platforms, including Web hosting, WordPress hosting, Reseller hosting, and VPS hosting. Nowadays, it is essential to select a straightforward hosting platform so that users can quickly start a blog.
Fortunately, GreenGeeks offers straightforward hosting platforms, so users generally find it very easy to start a blog. However, in this article, we will show the easiest method to start a blog for all the users who are still struggling to start a blog on GreenGeeks.
Main Steps to start a blog on GreenGeeks
In this section of this article, we will highlight all the steps one after the other, following which users will be able to start their blog on GreenGeeks quickly.
Step One: Users should select a proper domain name for their Blog
This is an essential step in which users need to choose an appropriate domain name. A domain name is a unique identifier for a website. But before going for a particular domain name, users must keep two points in mind, which we are going to discuss below.
- Firstly users must make sure that the domain name should be related to the content that they will be blogging about. Since by doing so, users will be able to tell their potential visitors what their blog is all about.
- Secondly, users must also try to keep short and simple domain names so that the visitors can easily remember them.
Step Two: Purchase a proper Web Hosting Package
A web hosting provider is an Internet service provider that stores user’s blog content and eventually makes it available on the Internet for visitors to access.
GreenGeeks is a fantastic web hosting provider which usually costs $9.95/month, but through a special introductory offer, users can purchase their web hosting service for $2.95/month. GreenGeeks comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee policy and even offers a free domain name.
Some basic features that users will get within GreenGeeks hosting packages
- GreenGeeks offers unlimited bandwidth and unlimited web space.
- It provides several SEO marketing tools.
- They provide robust security features and hence protects the user’s website from DDoS attack.
- It also offers a 1-click WordPress installation feature and also provides regular updates.
- This Hosting provider is PHP7 enabled.
- It offers HTTP/2 enabled network protocol so that users can enjoy faster page loads.
- It provides free CDN and free SSL certificates.
- They offer free nightly backups.
So now we will move into the next step as we have already discussed about GreenGeeks, a top-class web hosting provider from where users can easily select an appropriate web hosting package as per their choice.
Step Three: Users should install WordPress using Softaculous to power their blog
This is the final step where users need to install WordPress, a content management system that is used by over 60 million websites. It is straightforward to install WordPress so users will be able to install it easily, even if they are doing it for the first time.
However, if someone finds it difficult to install WordPress, then he/she must go through the steps that we are going to discuss below.
- First and foremost, users need to click on the option “Client Login.” As users will click on the “Client login” option, they will find two login screens.
- Within the first login screen, users need to enter their email id and password, and then finally, they need to click on the “Login to Account Manager” option.
- Once users click on the “Login to Account Manager” option, they will be directed to the Account Manager Webpage from where they need to click on the “cPanel Login” option.
- In this step, within the cPanel Account, users need to search for Softaculous using the cPanel search feature, and then they need to click on the Softaculous icon once it appears.
- On entering Softaculous, users need to search for the WordPress menu and eventually enter within the WordPress menu by click on it.
- After entering the WordPress menu, users need to enter certain details like “Choose Protocol,” “Choose Domain,” “Database Name,” “Site Name,” and “Site Description.”
- After entering the above-mentioned information, users need to enter a unique “Admin Username” and a strong “Admin Password.”
- Finally, after entering all the details, users need to click on the “Install” button present at the bottom of the current window.
After the completion of the WordPress installation process, users will get a link, which is actually the user’s website Address. So it is quite evident that by merely following the steps mentioned above, users will be able to install WordPress using Softaculous.
Therefore with the installation of WordPress, a user’s blog is entirely ready. However, if users want before posting any new content, they can customize their blog by tweaking the themes or plug-ins as per their choice.
As promised at the beginning of this article, we have shown all the steps to quickly start a blog on GreenGeeks. So all readers who are planning to start a new blog on GreenGeeks must thoroughly go through all the steps mentioned above.