I am a big Genesis Framework fan for years. Recently I have shifted to the Genesis powered Authority Pro theme which is very fast loading, has an attractive design, elegant look, SEO friendly and most importantly fits into my expectations.
In this Genesis Framework review, I will share every detail about my decision to move from GeneratePress to Genesis Framework.
Undoubtedly GeneratePress is the fastest theme without any additional plugin and design. But the naked GeneratePress theme will not add any spark to your website design.
That’s where I found Genesis Child Themes are best suited as per my requirement. Let’s start exploring more reasons to find why Genesis Themes are the #1 in the premium WordPress theme segment.
Get Started With Genesis Framework
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
Genesis Framework Review 2019 (7 Points I Liked The Most About Them)
Before we get started with the Genesis Framework review, let me tell you what is Genesis Framework. Well, with the term Framework there is nothing to get worried. It’s just a template, at the same time works as a complete WordPress theme.
But the concept of Genesis Framework is more than that. This is a template on top of which you can design a different template or a customized design (called as Genesis Child Theme). Whatever changes you do on that child theme will not affect the backend Framework. And that’s why this theme framework is so popular.
Let’s start the Genesis Framework review and check out the 7 reasons why I find Genesis themes as the best WordPress themes for Bloggers.
Recommended By Industry Experts
It’s human psychology that we always trust a recommendation from experts in that niche. And that’s why I have added this point on top of this Genesis Framework review.
Genesis Framework has been recommended by many experts for a long time. Few of them are Matt Mullenweg (founder of WordPress), Joost De Valk (from the Yoast SEO Plugin) and Matt Cutts (head of spam at Google). That’s the reason why Genesis Framework is so much popular and used by a majority of the professional bloggers throughout the world.
Recently, another popular brand WPEngine has acquired StduiPress. That is also an indicating factor about the high quality of their themes. Right now, if you buy a WPEngine plan then you will get all StudioPress themes for FREE.
In-built SEO Settings
The next reason I want to share in this Genesis Framework review is the in-built SEO settings. SEO is the biggest factor that one should look into a theme. If your theme is not well-optimized for the search engines, then even with high-quality content and design your efforts will not be visible on Google search.
- Genesis Framework is coded with the latest HTML5 and is well optimized.
- You will find all basic SEO settings within the theme itself. No need of using any additional plugins for adding Google Analytics code etc.
- All Genesis Child Themes are Schema.org enabled. Rich snippets or structured data is very important in your theme so that Google can read your content in a better way and provide better ranking on the search engine.
- Due to the highly optimized code, every Genesis child theme loads faster. This is the much-needed SEO component as speed is a significant ranking factor.
These are the reasons I fell in love with Genesis Framework years back. Not only me, just take an example of any popular websites like WPBeginner.com. They also designed their website on the Genesis Framework. Majority of their articles & tutorials are ranking on topmost of the time due to their high-quality design & authority.
All Necessary Features (For Different Niches)
Although Genesis Framework is not as robust like GeneratePress & Astra Pro when we talk about design. But as a beginner whatever feature you need to have in your WordPress website, Genesis themes have them all.
- Use multiple layouts for posts, pages, landing page and more. You can have a different blog post page as well with a custom-designed home page.
- Majority of the Genesis child themes are Gutenberg compatible. You can check my home page, which is designed with Gutenberg block plugin only.
- Use the default theme options to set up different features and handle theme design easily.
- Detailed customization is not that easy with the Genesis Framework. You can use plugins like Genesis Design Palette Pro to get more freedom while customizing a Genesis Child Theme further.
- You can customize your header, Add custom logo, menu options, and more.
- This theme is mobile responsive, meaning your website will be perfectly optimized for every browser, device, and screen size.
- Build up your site with featured posts, featured page, and user profile widgets that you can set to fit your site.
- You can easily set up breadcrumbs with a few clicks.
So, these are a few of the features. For complete details on features, visit the StudioPress website.
Huge Collection of Themes
Customization is not everyone’s cup of tea. I have used GeneratePress for more than 1 year for this website. Although they have a few pre-designed templates, you need more customization to make it look better.
That’s where I found Genesis Child themes perfectly match the requirement. E.g. I need a design which looks professional and highlights the authority of my blog. And that’s why I opted for the Genesis Authority Pro theme.
Similar way, StudioPress themes have a huge collection of child themes designed for different niches like food, eCommerce, reality, blogging, finance, etc. Here is the list of most popular Genesis Child Themes.
Top 10 Best Genesis Child Themes For Bloggers
- Foodie Pro Theme (Best WordPress Food Blog Theme)
- Author Pro Theme (Best WordPress Themes for Authors)
- Essence Pro Theme (Best WordPress Theme for Health blog)
- Monochrome Pro Theme (Best Minimalist Design WordPress Theme)
- Mai Lifestyle Pro Theme (Best Lifestyle Blog WordPress theme)
- AgentPress Pro Theme (Best Real Estate WordPress theme)
- Business Pro Theme (Best WordPress Theme For Small Business)
- Authority Pro Theme (Best WordPress Theme for Blogging)
- Magazine Pro Theme (Best News Magazine WordPress Theme)
- Refined Pro Theme
For more themes and latest updates from StudioPress, you can visit this page.
Excellent Support & Backed by a huge Community
This is the strongest point of this Genesis Framework review. Support is the key factor behind every successful product. If you buy an awesome product with a great price, but don’t get enough support after that then there is no point.
In the world of WordPress, when things are changing with time, you need a solid team working and supporting behind your business to handle all such changes & mitigate risks. StudioPress has that team and that’s why you get regular updates for Genesis Themes so that you can avoid all malware and cyber-attacks.
Besides that, there are plenty of genesis developers & experts around because of them you will find every possible solution available online. StudioPress themselves has a great forum for all members where you will find any kind of problems you are facing with your theme. Here are a few links that you will find useful.
Just search for Genesis Framework Tutorial online. For your specific query, you will find plenty of awesome articles & solutions out there. I am going to share lots of Genesis customization tutorials on my blog too.
Highly Secure (Well Coded with Latest HTML5)
Security is the biggest concern these days. You might have read every now and then some plugin or tool is getting hacked. Even popular websites are struggling with security.
In such a scenario, how can you safeguard your website?
Genesis Framework is highly optimized in coding. Majority of the themes have lots of unwanted codes due to fancy features, but Genesis Themes are coded with care so that you can avoid unwanted code. Even editing a Genesis theme is not that easy, you have to understand the framework first.
Lost of Plugins to Make Customization Easy
As I said, Genesis has a huge community of developers and experts around, they build some awesome plugins to enhance the power of the Genesis Framework. Few of them are:
- StudioPress-built Genesis Plugins
- Genesis Connect for WooCommerce
- Genesis eNews Extended (email subscription plugin I use)
- Other WordPress Plugins for Genesis
StudioPress Affiliate Program
StudioPress affiliate program is one of the best Affiliate Programs for bloggers. Yes, there are many theme affiliate programs, but StudioPress and Elegant Themes are the two best ones. You will get 35% commission for every single sale you make through StudioPress.
You can join the StudioPress Affiliate Program through Shareasale. Sign Up with Shareasale first and the Join StudioPress. But make sure you have a decent website with quality articles. So that you can get Shareasale approval easily. And also make sure your website articles support that niche too.