Which is the best WordPress theme for blogging in 2020? I spend huge time to find out the best WordPress themes for blogs, back in 2008-2009 when I started blogging. It was actually great fun to play with different themes in the beginning, until I found this amazing list of premium WordPress themes for bloggers.
But later I have realized that I simply wasted my time experimenting with so many Free WordPress themes. Ultimately I was not able to satisfy myself as there was something missing always. But when I decided to invest in blogging, I have realized why the majority of the pro-bloggers are actually using premium WordPress themes from day 1 of their blogging career.
Table of Contents
Free Vs Premium WordPress Theme: Why You Must Invest?
Before disclosing the names of best WordPress themes for your blog in 2020, let me share a few of the reasons that I have realized after spending so many years in the blogging industry. You must start with a premium theme from a reputed theme provider as your theme is the front face of your online business and it’s an important investment for your blogging business.
👉 No distraction: When you use any free product, you were never sure whether that is good or not. And after a few days, you may try to use another free theme and these go on. This way you will waster your time and also harm the SEO of your website. So, better to invest after a good WordPress theme and keep your complete focus on growing your blog traffic & business.
👉 High-Quality product: Many people think that all WordPress themes are good to upload. But they don’t know that all quality WordPress themes make sure that their coding remains simple, optimized without compromising the performance.
👉 Security is the priority: With a free theme, you will never get any kind of security guarantee. In fact, you never know whether your free theme has any hidden code or malware or not. In fact, these days null versions of premium themes are also very popular and people are using them by risking their entire online business. That’s why it is good to spend a little amount and stay with a premium WordPress theme as they will take care of the theme security by applying regular updates & patches. You can enhance your blog security even further level installing a WordPress security plugin.
👉 SEO & SPEED: This is the biggest reason, I always recommend to start your blogging journey with a premium theme only. All the quality WordPress themes will make sure that the basic SEO will be intact. And also themes will have minimal coding so that they can load faster. You must have a fast loading website in 2020 as speed is the key criteria to provide good user experience and also help your website to rank better on Google search engine.
🔥 Best And Most Popular WordPress Themes Of 2020 (UPDATED)
So, without wasting further time let me share the best WordPress themes as per my experience. I have used a couple of them and trust me that, it was the best investment I have ever done for my blogging business.
1. Astra PRO
WP Astra is an SEO friendly WordPress theme which is developed by Brainstorm Force team in order to help users to create high-quality websites. Apart from Thrive Architect, this theme is also compatible with various other page builders like Elementor, Beaver builder, and Divi builder, etc.
WP Astra has both free and premium version. The free version offers limited features like limited website demos, layout control, header/footer options, Elementor integration, and WooCommerce integration.
However, in order to get the premium features of WP Astra users need to go for the Astra Pro version. Astra Pro contains top-class features like transparent header, hooks/filters, blog layouts, mega menu, header section, page headers, custom layouts, white-label, footer widget, and WooCommerce designer.
- WP Astra is a lightweight theme, and hence it loads in less than half a second.
- It comes with a separate layout option, which helps to manage the layout of the website container, such as the headers, blogs, single pages, posts, etc.
- This WordPress theme is 100% SEO friendly.
- It flawlessly integrates with WooCommerce so users can easily set up an online store with the help of WP Astra.
- This WordPress theme is translation and RTL ready.
- It is 100% mobile responsive.
Astra Theme will cost you $59/year, for 1 website. They have various other plans also depending up on number of website. You can go for Astra Bundle if you want to grab all the products of Brainstormforce.
GeneratePress is a multipurpose WordPress theme that was launched a few years ago so that users can create attractive websites. This theme is extremely fast, so any website which is built using this theme has a very less loading time, and moreover, this theme also contains various other marvelous features.
With the help of this theme, users can easily customize their website using the native WordPress customizer. GeneratePress has both free and premium version. The premium version contains several additional features which are generally absent within the free version of GeneratePress.
- This theme is compatible with most of the popular plug-ins like WooCommerce, EDD, BuddyPress, Yoast SEO, bbPress, and WPML.
- It offers a large number of hooks and filters that help to build an attractive website.
- GeneratePress is translation ready.
- It is compatible with several popular page builders, including Elementor, Beaver Builder, and Thrive Architect.
- It has a responsive design so users can easily use any website made from GeneratePress on any device.
- It is WooCommerce ready, so users can easily set up an online store with the help of GeneratePress.
This theme will cost you only $49/year and you have to pay a renewal charges every year to get regular updates.
3. Authority Pro
Authority Pro is another most popular WordPress theme for blogs. I am a big fan of Genesis Framework powered StudioPress Themes. They are one of the oldest and best WordPress theme makers for a long time. The best part of StudioPress themes is that they are well optimized, highly secure, SEO friendly and fast loading. Other than than, Authority Pro theme is Gutenberg compatible and you can see that I have designed the home page without using any page builder plugin.
Authority Pro Price
As this is a Genesis Child theme, so you have to buy this theme with Genesis Framework. Together it will cost you only $129. This is just a one-time fee and after that, you can upload this theme on unlimited websites without any problem.
ShapeShift is the new theme of Thrive Themes. This theme will come with Thrive Theme builder. You can check this website design, which I have created with the help of Thrive Theme Builder on ShapeShift theme. This is the best WordPress theme builder in 2020 as you can easily create custom design to promote affiliate products without depending much on additional plugins. This theme is very light weight, fast loading, clean design and highly secure. Best theme to create a micro niche affiliate website in 2020. You can buy Thrive Builder for lifetime by paying $97.website only.
- Thrive Themes is one of the trusted themes & tools developer
- Clean and professional design.
- Lightweight and mobile-optimized
- Homepage templates to choose from
- WooCommerce ready template
- A library of pre-built design templates for your posts, page sections, and more.
- Create Category based Silo Pages for better SEO
- Create pricing table and many more features in just 1 click
- Get a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, so joining is Risk-Free!
You can buy Thrive Theme Builder for 1 website by paying $97 and $127 for 5 websites. If you want more, go for Thrive Themes membership. And with that you can get 11+ tools at a cheap price of $19/mo only. Read the complete review of Thrive Themes products.
5. Divi Theme
Elegant Themes is the #1 Best WordPress theme package out of all. Because they come up with the best WordPress theme builder, Divi Theme Builder. Divi is the most popular drag & drop theme builder with which one can design a stunning website within a few seconds. Not only that but with the Elegant Theme bundle, you will also get 87+ quality WordPress themes with some amazing premium plugins. Make sure to get 20% OFF Elegant Themes Discount.
- The Most Powerful Design Tool For WordPress
- Customize Every Part Of Your Website. Control The Finest Details.
- Split Testing, Lead Generation, and Social Media Integration
- Sell Products Online With Tailored WooCommerce Integration
- Display Your Work to the World
- Tell Powerful Stories and Create Mesmerizing Blog Posts with Unique Content Design Elements
- Build Unlimited Websites With a Single License
- Build Websites Faster than Ever Before With Divi’s Amazing Efficiency Tools
- Get a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, so joining is Risk-Free!
Divi Theme comes with Elegant Themes Package only. But you will get 87+ extra themes + 5 Premium plugins. You can get a huge 20% discount using the below link. This is the #1 Best WordPress Theme Bundle in 2020.
6. Aspire PRO
Aspire Pro theme is called as best multi-purpose genesis business WordPress child themes from StudioPress. This theme is used widely for various Amazon niche sites after inspired by the success stories of 10beasts.com. If you have not aware of this website, just read the Amazon affiliate site case study in nichepie.com, about how Lakmal is generating millions of dollars from this few page website in the last 2 years.
You can check out the Studiopress Pro Plus Theme package where you will get all the Studiopress child themes at a very cheap price. Occasionally they also offer Studiopress flash sale to give their customers a good discount.
Let’s explore the key features of Aspire Pro Theme from Studiopress themes. Just to give you small information that this is a Genesis child theme. That means you have to buy the Genesis Framework along with the child theme to make this work for your website.
- Custom Frontpage: Multiple widget locations
- Infinite color options
- Custom header and background image support
- Useful Page Templates: Blog, Landing Page, Columns Page
- Theme Customizer
- 3 Widget blocks for footer
- Build Unlimited Websites With a Single License
- Translation options
- Genesis Framework Support: Mobile-ready, Clean code, Secure
$99.95 Only [Including Genesis Framework]
7. Schema PRO
Schema is one of the old players and is a widely used theme from the MyThemeShop team. This theme very light in structure and complete SEO optimized. One can easily design a blazing fast loading website easily with Schema. Maybe the look & fonts can be improved though as per the latest demand in WordPress themes, but internally it is a very thin & optimized theme. You can check out the latest Themes from MyThemeShop.
- Lightning Fast design and optimized code
- This theme is SEO Ready, means you don’t have to think about the structural SEO things for your website
- You can even start with the Scheme Lite which is a Free WordPress Theme from MyThemeShop
- 100% Responsive & mobile-friendly which is the demand of the current web design trends
- This theme is Adsense optimized and you can easily use this for your Adsense micro niche site.
- Minimal and Clean Design
- Unlimited Color Options & Unlimited Background Options
- Social Media Button Widgets are also there, but I didn’t find them too attractive though. You can disable them easily and maybe use the social warfare free plugin.
- Font Awesome Icons Included
- WP Mega Menu Compatible
- WP Review Pro & WP Subscribe Pro Compatible, which is their plugin only.
- Use the MyThemeShop Shortcodes plugin to create a conversion-friendly design of your content.
$69 Only [Activate MyThemeShop coupon code to get everything @ $19 only]
8. Magazine PRO
Magazine Pro is a WordPress theme for the Genesis framework which is mainly beneficial for news bloggers, and publisher agencies. StudioPress has developed this theme with the generic name because it was mostly released for those people who need a website for their newspaper or magazine firm.
This WordPress theme has a highly professional look because of its elegant background style along with dark typography. The page templates list, widgets collection and flexible homepage make Magazine Pro one of the best WordPress themes for online content publishing needs.
- This theme contains six unique Post layouts and three-page templates.
- It has a sticky navigation bar.
- This theme has a responsive design.
- Magazine Pro comes with unlimited menu styles and unlimited theme colors.
- This WordPress theme offers hundreds of fonts.
$99.95 (Magazine Pro + Genesis Framework)
9. BuddyBoss Theme
BuddyBoss is a very special theme that can turn your website into a social media website like Facebook, Instagram, etc. If you are planning to create a social media website like them then BuddyBoss is the only solution. Read the complete review of BuddyBoss first. You can also integrate with LearnDash software easily and provide a platform to create courses online.
- Fully Integrated Social Media Platform
- Everything Is Managed On The Front End
- Beautiful Private Messaging System
- Modern Forum Design
- Deep LearnDash Integration & Enhancements
- Email Notification System With Modern Design Templates
The very first or basic BuddyBoss pricing option will start at $288 billed annually for 1 website. For more websites, you have to pay a higher price. With every package, you will get all the BuddyPress Themes & Plugins.
Conclusion: Best WordPress Blog Themes & Templates
There is a huge list of premium WordPress themes & templates from many different theme providers or builders. WordPress theme business is getting very popular day by day as many people are creating their websites these days.
But I always prefer to stick with the trust-worthy and reputed brands who have delivered awesome quality themes to date. In this article, I have shared all those Best WordPress blog themes or you can say the most selling WordPress themes for blogging.
If you are serious about blogging in 2020 & want to make money with affiliate marketing then you can pick any of these mentioned best WordPress themes for bloggers in 2020 and kick start blogging. Feel free to write a comment below and share your favorite theme that you use on your blog.