It is very essential to include LMS plug-ins within a website because they help to create, manage, and sell online courses from any website without much hassle. An LMS plug-in also helps to handle the documentation, tracking, reporting, and delivery of online courses from the WordPress dashboard.
Moreover, with a WordPress LMS plug-in, users can create an immersive learning experience for their students through various gamification methods rather than just persuading them to take up a membership and start learning.
Usually, users will find several WordPress LMS plug-ins on the Internet but honestly speaking all the available options is not competent enough to create attractive online courses on any website.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to mention the top seven WordPress LMS Plug-ins so that users can select the best alternative.
What Is WordPress LMS Plugin and It’s Features
Before moving into the main section of this article, we would like to mention some of the standard features that users will generally get within all WordPress LMS plug-ins.
- It helps to create and manage an online course easily.
- LMS plug-ins help users to monitor the progress of their students.
- It comes with a content dripping feature that helps to schedule lessons.
- All WordPress LMS plug-in comes with built-in payment gateway support and monetization option.
- It allows users to offers certificates and badges to their students that encourages them and eventually increases participation.
- LMS plug-ins also help users to include quizzes to the website and hence makes their website more attractive.
7 Best WordPress LMS Plugins Compared (Pros and Cons)
Now we will move into the main section of this article where we will be discussing about each WordPress LMS plug-ins in detail so that users can select the best option according to their requirements.
LifterLMS is an amazing LMS plug-in that offers various exciting features. This WordPress LMS plug-in provides a drag and drop course builder so users can easily build multi-tier courses along with audio, video, images, and text-based lessons.
This LMS plug-in also helps to create multimedia quizzes on any website which attracts more and more visitors. Moreover, LifterLMS helps to create assignments, set prerequisites, drip content, and even offers downloadable material for offline learning.
- Users can easily integrate LifterLMS with popular marketing tools, like MailChimp, WooCommerce, and WPForms.
- It allows users to assign instructors to the courses.
- It allows users to sell courses on either a one-time or subscription basis, including flexible bundles.
- It comes with drag and drop features so users can easily create online courses by just dragging and dropping essential components.
- It comes with course discussion areas like lesson comments, and forums, etc.
- By using LifterLMS, users receive custom emails when certain events happen like sales, quiz fails, and course completion, etc.
LifterLMS offers two different pricing plans, including the Universe bundle, and the Infinity bundle. Within the Universe Bundle users get everything except the advanced add-ons, and it is available at $299/year. On the other hand, the Infinity Bundle contains all the features and is available at $999/year. However, instead of purchasing the whole bundle users can also go for the individual add-ons that cost $99/year.
Teachable is another fantastic standalone online course creator tool that helps users to create online courses easily. Users can either integrate their online courses into their existing site, or they can even host them on a teachable subdomain. Another exciting feature of Teachable includes the fact that it comes with powerful tools such as quiz and discussion forums that eventually helps users to create an immersive learning experience for their students.
- Teachable comes with a one-click upsell feature which helps attracts a large number of visitors.
- It comes with a drag and drop interface so users can easily add different course within any website without any coding experience.
- Teachable provides an extremely user-friendly interface.
- It comes with course compliance feature through which users can make sure that students have completely gone through their courses or not.
- It offers an unlimited bandwidth of video hosting.
- It can embed HTML/CSS scripts in the lectures, which eventually allows users to easily embed any form of content inside the lectures.
- Teachable supports all sorts of files, including video, image, audio, text, and PDFs.
Teachable offers one free and three premium pricing plans. The premium plans include the Basic plan, Professional plan and the Business plan. The Basic plan cost $29/month when paid annually and $39/month if users pay the amount monthly. The Professional plan is available at $99/month when paid annually and $119/month when users pay the amount every month. Finally, the Business plan cost $249/month when paid annually and $299/month when the amount is paid on a monthly basis.
LearnDash is one of the most famous WordPress LMS plug-ins present in the market. This plug-in is extremely useful and hence helps users to easily create and sell courses, deliver quizzes, and award certificates, etc.
LearnDash comes with a drag and drop course builder, which helps users to create multi-level courses and add lessons, assignments, and quizzes to those courses. Universities and professional training institutions mainly use this plug-in.
- It comes with advanced monetization options so users can easily sell online courses from their website.
- Through LearnDash, users can award official certificates to their students based on their quiz performance, completing a course, or both.
- LearnDash comes with a visual course builder so users can easily design their course even without having any coding experiences.
- This LMS plug-in provides administrative options which help users to organize learners and courses as well.
- LearnDash offers Video Progression feature, which makes it really easy to embed either self-hosted or externally hosted videos.
- It offers a large number of official and third-party add-ons.
LearnDash is a premium WordPress LMS plug-in, so it offers three pricing plans, including Basic plan available at $199, Plus package which costs $299 and the Pro package which is available at $369. The basic package can be used on only one website while on the other hand the Pro package and the Plus package can be used on 25 websites and 10 websites, respectively.
LearnPress is a fantastic WordPress LMS plug-in which helps users to build online courses and even allows users to edit and maintain course content. It comes with a drag and drop course builder so users can easily create different types of courses without any coding experience. It offers several options through which users can adjust many settings like duration of course, required pass marks, and the number of attempts made, etc. With the help of this plug-in users can export courses to other websites as well.
- It comes with Drip feed content feature.
- This WordPress LMS plug-in flawlessly integrates with WooCommerce and membership plug-ins.
- It easily integrates with BuddyPress that helps to create course forums.
- LearnPress allows users to offer certificates and badges to their student on completion of any course.
- With the help of this LMS plug-in, users can easily add quizzes and questions to their website.
- It has a straightforward interface so users can easily create top-class online courses even without having any coding experience.
- It comes with a secured payment option so users can easily earn a considerable amount of money by selling online courses from their website.
LearnPress offers three pricing plans out of which one is free. The premium plans of LearnPress include LearnPress Theme bundle and LearnPress Pro bundle, which cost $49 and $249, respectively.
5. WP Courseware
It is one of the oldest WordPress LMS plug-ins which has a straightforward user interface so users can easily create their courses without facing any sorts of trouble.
WP Courseware comes with a drag and drop course builder so users can easily build different types of courses even without any coding experience. Moreover, it comes with powerful quiz features through which users can create advanced quiz types, set timers, and set retake limits. WP Courseware offers several core plug-ins through which users can control the monetization options, and hence, users do not need to download any third-party plug-ins.
- This WordPress LMS plug-in automatically sends personalized emails to the students based on their activity.
- It allows users to award downloadable certificates to their students after the completion of any course.
- Users can easily build their courses even without any coding experiences as this LMS plug-in comes with a drag and drop course builder.
- It flawlessly integrates with WooCommerce and popular membership plug-ins.
- WP Courseware allows its users to split their courses into different units or content pages that act like individual lessons and modules.
- This LMS plug-in also comes with several widgets which are designed to help students track their progress.
- It flawlessly integrates with MailChimp and several other similar email marketing services.
- The latest version of WP Courseware contains a built-in shopping cart that supports both Stripe and PayPal.
WP Courseware offers three different pricing plans, including the Teacher Plan, Professor Plan, and the Guru Plan. The Teacher plan cost $99/year, and it can be used on a maximum of two websites. The Professor plan costs $125/year, and by purchasing this plan, users can use WP Courseware on a maximum of 10 websites. Finally, the Guru plan can be used on a maximum of 25 websites, and it costs $175/year. Every plan offers regular updates and free one-year support facility.
Sensei is a fantastic WordPress LMS plug-in that helps users to transform their WordPress website into an advanced learning platform. This plug-in provides simple reporting facilities that give its users an overview of their content, grades, and students registered with the site. Sensei is generally not a full-featured membership plug-in. It only handles the creation and publishing of online courses, but if users want to get selling access, then they will need to use it along with Membership or e-commerce plug-ins.
- Sensei completely integrates with WooCommerce which helps users to monetize their courses instantly after setting up the course.
- It has a straightforward user-interface so users can easily create different types of online courses without any coding experience.
- Sensei helps users to create question banks and use them to set up random quizzes.
- This LMS plug-in allows users to award certificates to their students after they complete a particular course.
- Sensei allows students to view their progress via a sidebar widget.
- It also allows students to share their lesson grades via social media.
Sensei is absolutely free, but if users want to sell their courses, then they need to purchase $129 WooCommerce Paid Courses plug-in along with WooCommerce Subscriptions which costs $199 and WooCommerce Memberships available at $149.
7. Namaste! LMS for WordPress
Namaste! LMS for WordPress is a free LMS plug-in that allows users to create different rules for accessing courses after completing the prerequisite courses. It supports unlimited courses and lessons and also allows flexible access to all of them.
Moreover, Namaste! LMS for WordPress also allows users to publish the course curriculum on their site that eventually attract more attention from potential subscribers.
- This LMS plug-in allows its users to offer certificates to their students as they complete a particular course.
- Users can create assignments with the help of this plug-in.
- It offers powerful built-in tools which can be used for analytics and statistics.
- It flawlessly integrates with third-party tools, including Moola, Mojo, and Opt-in forms, etc.
- It offers top-class security features and hence ensures protection of all files.
Namaste! WordPress LMS plug-in costs $47 per year. However, if users only have basic requirements, then they can go for the free version.
Conclusion: Which is The Best LMS Plugin For WordPress?
As promised at the beginning of this article, we have given detailed information about the top seven Best WordPress LMS plug-ins present in the market. All readers should go through the entire article thoroughly and eventually select the best alternative according to their requirements.